Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Mom's Mini Shawl

I am on my way to start my sweater. Yes, that means I have almost reached my goal of getting my WIPs finished first.
Only the Leisel and Dainty Bess scarves are left. I will finish Leisel tonight but have to take Bess to my knitting teacher to help me correct the entire repeat that turned out backwards! Since what I did was leave off a purl row at the end of the first repeat, we are going to rip out that part and reknit the border beginning there. Thankfully it is at the beginning of the scarf and not in the middle and will be an easy fix. But since my schedule is crazy for the next two weeks (Holy Week = lots of extra Easter related jobs) and I probably won't get to my knitting teacher's, I am not going to try to finish her right away.

Here is Mom's Mini Shawl:

The pattern link is on the right side - scroll down a little bit...

I used Caron Simply Soft Brights in Papaya on #9 needles. Since this is acrylic, I could not block it. I think Mom will like it - it really is quite small ~ just enough for her to drape over her shoulders while she sits and knits at night.

1 comments:

lobstah said...

The shawl is adorable. I am so glad fixing Bess won't be too hard!