Monday, April 17, 2006

Monday Musings

Here are the petunias and begonias in their new pots.

And you can see where they sit in the front of our house.
















In the back yard, there is a long, narrow strip next to our garage where I put in some marigolds. They are a little hard to see, but here is the picture:


I also got in a few more rows on my sweater back. I have finished the increases and am ready to knit another 4 or so inches before beginning the shaping for the sleeves. Woohoo!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Your garden looks lovely.

Anonymous said...

Your yard looks great -- so cheerful and inviting!

Sharon said...

I will answer the question you asked on my blog about vegemite.

Vegemite is a yeast extract sandwich spread which is black and almost tar like which Aussies love but most people from overseas can't stand it. We start eating it in sandwiches from when we are babies and start eating solids so I think it is obviously an acquired taste. I love it on hot buttered toast, and as it is very high in vitamin B it is a great pick me up.

Is it available in the US? I know that it used to be available in stores that Olivia Newton John owned (can't think of their name) which stocked all things Australian for ex-pats. If you ever get a chance try it, but I can't guarantee that you will like it ;)