Sunday, April 09, 2006

What a Weekend!

Whew! It feels like December and all the Christmas gigs!!
Wait a minute - it is April! Why these must be Easter gigs! I drove 310 miles from yesterday morning 'til tonight rehearsing and performing way too many services.
The performances all went well, especially Dvorak tonight.
I am quite exhausted and happy to be done for now.

I was too pooped to knit yesterday - just napped on the sofa between jobs.
But today I got in a few more rows.

Since I have no project to share, here is a family photo. This is one of my favorites of my Mother when she was around 24 years old
(yup - 60+ years ago!) Whoever shot it had a great eye and imaginative composition.. And I love the dress!!!

4 comments:

Meredith said...

That is a gorgeous photo!

Hope you have some time to relax now. :)

Sharon said...

What a lovely photo, it would have been ultra modern in its day I am sure.

Knittinreed said...

Thank you - I always thought Dad took this, but Mom said no. The composition is what draws me in as does the subject (MOM!!). Someone had a great eye. I feel lucky to have a shot of Mom like this.

I'll be by later to visit.......

Home's Jewels said...

Wow - what a great photo. With all the angles, it's like you can reach out and touch her. I agree wtih you about her dress. Nice blog!