Sunday, April 30, 2006

One done!!!

One Embossed Leaves sock is done -

I love the detail of the French heel and the star toe (but used a standard 1K 1P rib 'cos I couldn't figure out the one she designed).

Thank you Mona Schmidt.

Emma, Sharon and Shrodinger - thank you for your kind comments.

I hope you knit this one too - it is a pleasure to knit!

Jannyraye - Yup, I always have to go down a size or two - these are on #0!

Tey and del- I'm glad you like the recipe. I'll post a favorite from time to time... Cooking is one of my other loves (not that I actually have time for it!).

JoanM - I hope you give socks a try. The patterns can be so lovely and lacy. Do you think this would translate well into, say a scarf?

Hey Mer- if you are out there, how is your second sock coming?

I have just cast on #2, so I must get back to it ~ no second sock syndrome today. Tomorrow may be a different story......

11 comments:

essjay said...

The finished project is stunning! Wonderful job!

Jenny Raye said...

Oh, you finished the first one!!! Me, too!!! It's fantastic!

I haven't had a chance to get a photo and post to the blog! But I hope to this afternoon while my Tiny Terror is napping. Started the second right away on Saturday, but abandoned it yesterday in favor of the shawl. Knitting night tonight with the girls, sock time!

lobstah said...

Great job on the sock, looks like it fits perfectly.

lobstah said...

Oh yeah, to answer your question in my blog...yes you can copy the photo of the gas sign! Isn't it funny? ;)

schrodinger said...

The sock looks fab, well done. It's definitely on my list of thinks to knit - plenty to keep me busy right know though :-)

Mona Schmidt said...

Hello there,

great job on the socks! And, you're most welcome!

Mona

Alliesw said...

Beautiful sock! You have inspired me to try the pattern!

Teyani said...

Beautiful!!
You and JennyRaye inspired me.. I was able to find an old issue of IK last weekend (since I misplaced my own) and now I'm going to do one too! Yay!

Sharon said...

That looks great, I have never made socks with a french heel or star toe, I think I will definately give that one a try.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Beautiful! I must get that pattern, it's so gorgeous and you did a fantastic job.

I love your blog.

Meredith said...

oooh, so pretty! I love it. Looks like it fits perfectly!

I finished mine, but haven't gotten around to blogging in a while. I will soon!