Monday, April 24, 2006

Feet and Food


Here we are so far:


I am really loving this pattern - it is not difficult but holds my feeble attention. The resulting texture is gorgeous!!! I may have to make a few more pairs of this one. Is it too early to begin Christmas gifts for my cooking club girls?

I was looking through my recipe binder to find something quick and yummy to take to NY Tuesday to see Mom. I plan to cook dinners while there - (it will help insure that she is eating decently) and I came across this recipe. I have made it before and we like it ~ fast and tasty. I thought I would share:

Raspberry- Balsamic Chicken

1 tsp. vegetable oil

1/2 cup minced red onion

1/2 tsp. dried thyme

1/2 tsp. salt, divided

4 (4 oz) skinned and boned chicken breast halves

1/3 cup seedless raspberry preserves

2 tblsp. Balsamic vinegar

1/2 tsp. black pepper

1. Heat oil over med-high heat. Add onion, saute 5 minutes. Sprinkle thyme and 1/4 tsp. salt over chicken. Add chicken to the pan and saute 6 minutes each side or until done. Remove chicken and keep warm.

2. Reduce heat to medium. Add the rest of the salt, raspberry preserves, vinegar and pepper to the pan, stirring constantly until the preserves melt.

3. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve immediately.

Since I will have no internet access while there, I guess I won't be able to post again until next Sunday upon returning. (Arg!!! Email and Blog withdrawals ~ guess I'll just have to finish my socks.)

Knit and cook up a storm while I'm gone. And let me know how you liked the Raspberry-Balsamic Chicken.

See you next week.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Sock is looking great, I think I have that magazine too.

Jenny Raye said...

Your sock is looking great so far! I got halfway down the leg on my first one, but it was just too big, so I've dropped a needle size. Started using the second skein for that one and left the first on it's needle--just in case the second is too small. Keep going! You're doing great!

Teyani said...

that sock is sooo pretty - I'll have to dig through my magazines to see if I can find that one -
and thanks for the raspberry chicken recipe - I love a fast and delicious kind of meal!

Unknown said...

That is a really pretty pattern. I have never tried socks, but if they were lace I might be tempted. Good work