Thursday, March 02, 2006

New Yarn, New Project

WooHoo! My LYS was listed as one of the sellers for the yarn recommended in the Drops pattern 94-27. When I got there, they owner told me they no longer carry that brand. She was able to suggest 3 substitutions and I wound up with this:


It is a blend of 45% cotton, 45% acrylic and 10% viscose. I love the neutral color and sheen. And it was on sale for 50% off!!!!!

You can better see the little color flecks here:

I started the heel flap on my second sock this morning and plan (hope) to be finished by Sunday ~ if I can fit in some knitting even though I will be working the next 3 nights. Then I will be ready to swatch!!!!!

Okay, can you tell I am really excited about this one?!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ceci - that's absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to see it knitted in that pattern.

Sharon said...

That will look perfct, I have now bookmarked that pattern site, they are gorgeous patterns. I had no idea they were free!! Bonus.

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Hi! Found my way here from your post about starting your first sweater, over at Knitter's Review Forum.

I love the yarn you chose, it's so pretty and I bet it will make a pretty sweater! Good luck with it!

lobstah said...

Spectacular yarn! I looks so shiny and soft...can't wait to see it knitted up :)

LesleyKnits said...

Ceci -

What a cool yarn! I can't wait to see it knitted up. And what a great site too :)