Sunday, March 12, 2006

Marker Mania

This is my first attempt at handmade stitch markers:


I found it difficult to make the wires round, so I bought some toggle clasps and tried this next:

After thinking those were pretty good, I moved on to these:

Now I want to find some memory wire in the right diameter (so far I have only seen large at my craft stores) and see what I can come up with.

I also need to find some cool beads.

Instead of gouging cane and making reeds, I decided to have fun.

Tomorrow I will pay for the fun of today. Isn't that usually the way?

3 comments:

schrodinger said...

Those markers look great! Congrats on your first try at making them.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, those are pretty! Nice job!

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Very pretty markers. Isn't it fun to make them? I love the socks you've been making.

The wires can be made very round if you have a piece of hardwood dowel to wrap the loop around. Try doing the 90 degree bend and then lay the wire all the way around the dowel while it sits on the flat. Then twist with the dowel in place.