Thursday, September 14, 2006

Soles and Spaghetti Pie

In my search for something to make the soles of the clogs non-skid, I tried some spray-on Plasti Dip. I found it in clear at my local hardware store (not the big orange one). I covered the sides so there would be no overspray, sprayed 3 light coats and let it dry for 4 hours.

There is no color to it, no bumps from puffypaint, not sticky like fabric glue - it is just enough so I don't slip on the tile floor. I suppose you can spray more layers if you want, but this seems fine. No muss, no fuss!

If you want a quick and yummy dinner the kids (young and old) will like, here is:

Spaghetti Pie

4 oz. uncooked spaghetti

1/2 lb. lean ground beef

1 small green bell pepper, chopped (about 1/2 cup)

1 small onion, chopped (about 1/4 cup)

1 14 oz. jar spaghetti sauce

1 teaspoon chili powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

2 large eggs

1 cup small-curd cottage cheese

1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)

Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease pie plate (10 x 1 1/2 inches). Cook spaghetti.

While spaghetti is cooking, brown beef, pepper and onion in a skillet. Drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, chili powder, salt and pepper. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sauce has thickened.

Drain spaghetti. Place spaghetti in pie plate, gently press on the bottom and up the sides.

Mix eggs and cottage cheese, spread evenly over the spaghetti. Spoon beef mixture over cottage cheese mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.

Bake 35-45 minutes or until the center is set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Makes 6 servings. Tasty!

Copy machine update - it is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big, but works fast and the digital laser copies are fantastic. It is well worth all the angst of the ka-ching. So c'mon by and bring your copying needs.

6 comments:

lobstah said...

That is a good idea for the soles. I wouldn't want to purchase leather soles and there doesn't seem to be too many other options.

schrodinger said...

I just wanted to say that I'm so glad that the photocopier with worth all the money.

HPNY KNITS said...

the slippers are awesome! what pattern did you use?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the non-skid sole tip! I'll keep that in mind for when I make clogs!

The recipe sounds yummy!

Fru Dart said...

I love you're slippers. Where did you get the pattern? Me want ;-) And what a great idea to use that spray on the soles.

essjay said...

What a great idea for the soles. I'll have to buy some of that! I'm not known for my graceful walking, so anything non-skid is essential! The recipe sounds good!!