Sunday, September 10, 2006

First Foray into Felting

After seeing so many cool renditions of the Fiber Trends Clog, I knew I had to knit them. I had some great communications with Teyani at www.intrepidfiberwizard.blogspot.com and she sent me the pattern and some incredible pencil roving! Ohmigosh! It is beautiful. And her advice was great - Thank you Teyani.

I thought I would give the pattern a trial run with Paton's Classic Merino (in Denim Blue and Chestnut Brown) before diving in with the pencil roving. Here are before and after shots:


My husband liked these so much he wants a matching pair - (yes, we are nerdy like that sometimes.) So one more pair in merino is first.

Thank you all for your comments. I do love comments!!
Big Bad Blue Yarn is going in the bag with numerous others for my knitting teacher's charity knitting projects. And yes, Sharon - I do wind everything up neatly. I guess that just is part of my nature. However, that organization and neatness does not carry into my studio! Go figure!

Have a marvelous Monday y'all ~

11 comments:

schrodinger said...

Congrats on your first felting project - it's like magic isn't it? The clogs look great.

Meredith said...

Those look great! Aren't they nice and fast?

Enigma said...

Those clogs look wonderful! Now I want to make some... =)

Hannah said...

Oh, I love these! Every time I see this pattern knitted up I think about how much I need to knit them!

lobstah said...

The clogs are awesome! They look like they could be store-bought, though of course they are much cooler than that! :)

AR said...

They look great. I want to make some, too!!

Anonymous said...

The clogs look fabulous!

essjay said...

The clogs look great - I hope they felt perectly for you on your first try! I wouldn't be surprised if DH and I end up with matching clogs some day too...if I ever get to the pattern!

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo!!! They are absolutely fabulous!!! You rock Ceci!
Look out girlfriend, now everyone is gonna want some!

Sharon said...

They are fabulous, well done. I bought this pattern over a year ago and it has been very high on my to do list ever since. Yours have inspired me to give them a go.

Did you add a sole or is it all just knitted?

Ana Petrova said...

Finally the weather cooled down and I can start knitting wool again. The clogs are great!

I want a pair.