Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Next in the Queue


Now that my most favorite (so far) socks are done, here is the next project: the child's placket neck sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts.
I am just about to attach the first sleeve - after I go the the Sit and Stitch and see my teacher.
I have no clue how to do this!

A while back I found some discontinued Lion Brand Cotton Ease at a close-out store and bought 3 bags (three skeins in each) of orange, yellow and turquoise. My husband told me orange was the one to use. And since I always listen to him (grin) here we are!

The needles are Crystal Palace #7. Since I started with those for the body, I thought it would be better to use the same brand DPNs for the sleeves. Oh darn, had to make another trip to my most favorite LYS!

Although I am using the pattern for newborn - 6 months, the gauge is a bit large. But we are beginning the hot part of our year so I am hoping this little baby gift will fit her when she really needs it - late fall or early winter.

(Typing with fingers crossed!)

To all who have commented on my posts:

I wanted to say thank you and tell you how much I appreciate your thoughts. I still am a new knitter (2 1/2 years) who feels like a novice but I keep trying to push my limits and learn something new on each project.

You are all so encouraging and inspiring! Thank you.

3 comments:

essjay said...

I just love that sweater! I'm going to need to pick up that book soon. I bet you "suffered" through that trip to the yarn store to buy more needles! :) I hope you don't have any problems attaching the sleeve.

Teyani said...

What a great baby sweater!!
And don't worry, sleeves are easier to attach than it sounds in the pattern. you'll get it!
Wow - for only 2 1/2 years of knitting you are doing amazing!!!

Sharon said...

I would never have guessed that you have only been knitting for 2 1/2 years.