Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Finished Placket Sweater

Aw, girls, you are really kind - I am blushing. Thanks again for your ever-supportive comments. I must say I am lucky because I was always mechanically able and crafty with my hands. My Dad was a remarkable wood-worker in his spare time and could build just about anything. My brother and I are lucky in that we were given the gift of the tactile mechanical genes. And Mom and her female relatives were always knitting, crocheting, cross stitching or sewing. As I said - I am a very lucky woman. Grandpa was a classically trained musician; he soloed on piano with the New Jersey Symphony when he was 15 years old! - so there is the rest of the story.
But here is the best part:
The Child's Placket Neck Sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts came off the needles tonight. You are right Tey - once my teacher (Thank You Mary!!!) showed me how to attach the sleeves it all made sense!

I used Lion Brand (discontinued) Cotton Ease yarn on #7 CP circs and dpns. The gauge came out more like the next size up (1 yr old) but that is fine since it gets very steamy here very soon. It should fit the baby by December. This little girl is due May 21. She is the daughter of the sister of two former students.

I even found a hat pattern that matches perfectly - the very same seed stitch edge. Guess I'll start that tomorrow.

Have a perfectly lovely evening all-

4 comments:

Teyani said...

Oh my- it came out perfectly! Woo-hoo!
I knew you could do it!!

Meredith said...

Very cute! I used the cotton ease too and it ended up a little large, but I don't think that's a problem.

essjay said...

Beautiful job! The bigger size will be nice - a lot of shower gifts are the little clothes so this will be apprecaited later on and it looks like the baby will be warm!

lobstah said...

The sweater is so adorable! I am loving the red color too, such a fun change from baby pastels.