Monday, May 29, 2006

Happy Memorial Day

What a beautiful sunny day this is to honor our veterans.


Thanks for the comments, Tey and Sharon. No, Tey I do not spin. I would love to, but there are not enough hours in the day for me to add yet another project. I can barely find time to practice and make reeds!

Sharon - the attention of a goldfish????? That's funny (how did you know we have fish!) I think I am right there in the tank with you :-)

Today we are going to East Texas, a small town called Mt. Vernon to a fundraiser for the Mt. Vernon Music Association (http://www.mountvernonmusic.org/). Friends of ours bought a small church and are renovating it for a performing arts venue. They already have a nice Steinway grand (housed at Steinway Hall in Dallas) that cannot be put in the church yet. They are installing heat and air conditioning, handicap accessible ramps and bathrooms and the wood floors all need refinishing.

Today's event is a Cajun Buffet at the Veranda Bed and Breakfast ( www.ourveranda.com) that should be lots of fun. Water is in the fridge cooling and the folding chairs and straw hats are ready to put in the car.

Walking with my neighbor is first on the course for today. See you later-

1 comments:

Sharon said...

I didn't know that you had fish, but we have them too. My DHs hobby is saltwater aquariums (note plural here) and we have a pond of goldfish. I read somewhere once that goldfish have a memeory of about a second.

I am assuming your Memorial Day is like our Anzac Day when we honour our soldiers who fought in wars and defended our Country.