Sunday, May 14, 2006

FO for today!

WooHoo ~ Finished!

I love the star toe ~ it was easy!! And the French heel ~ also easy and so pretty.

The pattern is Embossed Leaves from Interweave Knits Winter '05.

Yarn is Senso (crochet) cotton/acrylic blend from Hobby Lobby and the needles were Addi #0 circs.

The pattern translated perfectly from DPNs to circs.

I have a size 6-6 1/2 shoe size, and the pattern was written for a larger foot, so I knit one less pattern repeat on the foot (thanks for the input, Mer) and it is a perfect fit!

So has anyone tried the Grilled Veggie recipe I put up a few posts ago?

It is one of our favorites - I usually keep the Blue cheese dressing in the fridge.

:-)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love them! I've never heard of a star toe or french heel and you make me want to try them both. Great job! I have a small foot also so will keep the one less repeat in mind.

Sharon said...

You have done a marvelous job with the socks, they are beautiful. I love the colour, blue is a favourite of mine.

I have the IK magazine that they were in and I am going to make them when I finish ALL my WIPs, which will probably be sometime next year!!!!

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Those socks are gorgeous! Beatuifully knit as well. Kuddos.

I wonder if I have that Interweave? hehe.. going to dig through to see.

Miri Mack said...

Gorgeous socks, gorgeous knitting! The looks quite nice. I'll have to try that some time. :-)

lobstah said...

Lovely socks!

Teyani said...

They turned out so beautifully!

Meredith said...

Beautiful! I love the toe and heel details too.

LesleyKnits said...

Wow, Ceci, those are beautiful and I love the color!

essjay said...

Stunning job! The color is so beautiful!

Enigma said...

Those socks are so pretty -wonderful job!

Anonymous said...

Love the socks. The yarn looks really shiny. I think that adds to the pattern.

schrodinger said...

Absolutely bloody gorgeous!!! What a great pair of socks, I would want to wear those every day.