Thursday, August 10, 2006

Scarves 'n' socks 'n' sausage


My yellow Embossed Leaves have taken a back burner for a while. I just haven't been in the mood....

But I have been working on the Fern Lace - I am up to 40" and the pattern calls for 60", so I am nearing the end:

I am going to the LYS in Monticello when we get there next week and (hopefully) purchase another skein of that luscious Lornas Lace - Then, maybe use it for a Xmas gift for a dear friend.

I am always looking for a different recipe to feed my DH and me, and saw this little number:

Sausage and Cheese Squares

1 can (8 oz) refrigerated crescent rolls
16 refrigerated smoked cocktail sausage links
1 large bell pepper, coarsely chopped (1 1/2 cups)
1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (6 oz)
1 can (10 1/4 oz) condensed cream of onion soup
4 eggs

Unroll crescent roll dough. Place dough in bottom of ungreased rectangular baking dish, 11"x 7". Press seams closed and push dough 1 inch up sides of baking dish.

Arrange sausage evenly on dough. Sprinkle with bell pepper and 1 cup of the cheese.

Beat soup and eggs until blended; pour over ingredients in baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.

Bake uncovered in a 350 degree (F) oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.

Makes 8 servings


Eat, enjoy!

6 comments:

LadyV-Knits said...

Hi,
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a message. That recipe looks good I will have to try it out.

Sharon said...

The Fern Lace is looking good, I have a few of my knits on the back burner at the moment :)

The recipe sounds interesting, I haven't heard of some of the ingredients, funny isn't it how our cultures are similar yet different. I have even discovered this with our words, sometimes a word that is so common in Australian language is unheard of everywhere else.

Anonymous said...

The scarf is looking great!

essjay said...

The scarf is looking wonderful!

Larjmarj said...

The scarf is gorgeous! I am a sucker for anything with a leaf motif! A little obsessive actually.

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The scarf looks great! Saw your blog listed on a post from Knitter's Review and thought I would stop by and say hello.