Monday, June 26, 2006

Thank You

Thank you for keeping John and his family and those of us who love him in your thoughts. I truly appreciate your warm wishes. They are helping me more than my words can express. You gals are great!

Happy stuff now:

Green Gable is coming along fine. The fit is a little looser than the design but I am happy with that since I do not need my middle aged back and arms being shown off to the world:

I believe I have a few more rows until I begin the waist decreases. This is getting exciting - it is my first garment (not including socks). And I may have it finished before the end of the summer! Yippee!!!

8 comments:

Teyani said...

green gables is lookin' good!
Have a grand vacation!!!

lobstah said...

I love your Green Gables! Have a great time in Cozumel...I've never been there but it's one of my sisters favorite places in the world!

essjay said...

It looks wonderful so far - I love the color of it! *I admit I did chuckle about the middle age arms - I'm not middle aged but I want to hide mine!!! ;) *

Sharon said...

Oh that is looking lovely and your first garment, well done.

I am always amazed at the warmth and generosity of the worldwide knitting community.

Larjmarj said...

Love that pattern, I think it's one of the prettiest out there and your's is looking fantastic! Nice work.

Knittinreed said...

Oh thanks, y'all! GG is starting to really move since I have hit the fast part. I might be done very soon!

We also love Cozumel; this is our 15th year of vacationing in the Yucatan. We are not big party people, not into clubs or dancing. We just like to hang at the beach, snorkel and soak in the air and sounds of the sea. And eat. Total relaxation for 5 days. And no Dallas traffic!

Anonymous said...

I believe I may have been kidnapped; it's a bit scary here... -Your knife

I must have gotten it by mistake! If you'd like, I can stop by before Monday. Otherwise, see you then. :)

Knittinreed said...

LOL!
Karen - Where are you that it is scary? Work?? Monday is fine.
CL