Monday, May 05, 2008

WIPs

Hi!!! We are nearing the end of the school year, symphony season and just plain crazy work days and nights. Now maybe I can get in some good quality knitting and perhaps even sit at my wheel and figure out this spinning thing.

Lest you think I have not been active with my needles (because I haven't updated in a while) let me assure you there are projects in the making.


Here is the Sirdar Sweater I am hoping to finish soon - It is knit with "Ocean," a cotton/nylon ribbon yarn. I love the texture of the fabric, but it is a bit of a pain to knit with. I have to keep untwisting it so it looks right. I went against convention and used the sleeve as a swatch. After all, why knit a swatch and then start the project? Is it not efficient to just start a sleeve and then measure for gauge? If it is right, I am already in production! So the sleeves and back are finished and I am working on one of the front pieces. Please forgive the crummy shot - the pieces are not being blocked - but the nylon makes the fabric so squishy, I needed to pin them so you could at least tell what they are.




This is the pattern picture:


Next is the EZ Baby Surprise Jacket:

I have started this project 4 times now and think I finally have it right. The groups on Ravelry have been an invaluable resource in figuring out this very unique pattern. The yarn is a little acrylic: Luster Sheen by Red Heart in the color Baby Combo. It is a fingering weight and I think it will be light and sweet for the little girl coming in a few weeks.

I hope your week is filled with lots of knitting time! See you soon.

3 comments:

Agnes said...

Oh I like the cardigan! It would be a great item for breezy summer time.

Bonnie said...

I have started and abandoned three ribbon yarn projects because of the twisting. My hats off to you for your patience. The sweater looks like it will be gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

That's going to be a gorgeous cardigan. Can't wait to see it done.