Sunday, May 18, 2008

2 FOs

Here is EZ Baby Surprise Jacket before seaming:



And here it is all seamed up:


The yarn is Red Heart Luster Sheen, the color is Baby Combo. I used #4 options. I think this is a good newborn size - at least I hope so. Annie's baby is due in a few weeks :-)
And the next FO is my Scholar:


You can see the damage



And here is my repair

And she spins!!!

I washed all the wood, gave it 2 coats of stain and one coat of wipe on Poly. Deciding I didn't like the look of the poly, I went over her with steel wool and rubbed in a few coats of Watco Wax Finish. I am much happier with the look.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both projects look great! It's always nice to see what you're up to with your knitting.
Life for me is hectic but wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Even though I've made one, seeing the blob transform into a baby jacket never ceases to amaze me.

I can't believe how different your Scholar looks! You did a great job with it.

Anonymous said...

The jacket will be so cute. The wheel looks interesting but I have no idea how to spin.

Annie said...

The wheel looks beautiful! That is amazing.

Unknown said...

The jacket is charming, but the wheel is outstanding! You did a great job! All the scholars I have seen pictured looked definitely like a "learner" wheel, but all dressed up yours looks very classy.

Jessica said...

Wow! You did a fantastic job restoring that wheel! Looks great! And the BSJ is very cute too. :)

Anonymous said...

Spectacular job with the repair and refinish.

What did you use on the repair? I have an antique Irish style saxon that has a chip out of it.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Beautiful, beautiful wheel and yes, a fantastic job of restoration. It's like night and day. Congrats on saving a beautiful wheel and giving it a new spinning life.

Love that baby sweater. That yarn colors are so lovely and delicious looking.