Saturday, April 12, 2008

FO Big Manly Socks

I finally finished my husband's socks. This was the first pair I have knit for him - men's socks are a LOT larger than my little ones! I began these last November and knit sporadically, but I really wanted to finish I so concentrated on them exclusively last and this week.


The pattern is from Sensational Knitted Socks - Slipped Stitch Rib. I used KP Essential in Grey and #0 DPNS. I did make the heel flap longer to accommodate his high instep. They came out a perfect fit.



I like the slipped stitch rib alot. It kept me from being insanely bored and looks a little bit dressy.

So now there is nothing on my needles and I am searching around for the next project. It is spring here in Texas and the searing heat will be upon us soon, so another sweater (maybe one that fits me this time) may not be the perfect choice. Not to mention that I am hot, hot, hot these days. OMG! Can you say hot flashes?

This weekend will be fairly lazy for me for a change. The only commitments are a few student this morning and one tomorrow afternoon. I plan to do some gardening, maybe get some geraniums for the pots in front.....

Enjoy your weekend~

6 comments:

Larjmarj said...

Nice work..what a lucky hub. Mine's not so lucky with his size 13 feet!

zippiknits...sometimes said...

What a beautiful fit that is. And the color and pattern are grand, too.

Grats on finishing the manly socks. :o)

Anonymous said...

Love them. Now you know why my hubby doesn't get many pairs of socks and those he does get tend to be made with worsted weight.

Meredith said...

Very nice! And size 0 needles--that's quite a committment!

Enigma said...

The socks look great!

lobstah said...

Nice job on finishing some man socks! They take forever!