Thursday, May 29, 2008

No Knitting Here, Well, Maybe a Little

Yup - you read it right. There is minimal knitting content on this knitting blog! (At the end if you want to pass all the other words.)

But I do have some Harp content - Yes indeed! I am taking lessons from Laura so I can attend Harp Camp and not embarrass myself too much. Here is this morning in her studio after my (2nd) lesson.




Daily news - we had to replace our mattress last week. It was a drag not only because of the price of a king, but our old one was only 3 years old. We decided it was defective since one side had no support any more. So we got a Simmons Beautyrest in firm. It felt very supportive bit a bit hard. After doing some research, we decided to get a mattress topper and are much more comfy now. This one is from Walmart and quite inexpensive - but according to Consumer Reports, people liked it more than the $$ ones.




Now it feels very nice indeed :-)

Ocean Cardigan is ready for assembly. I was thinking about the effectiveness of blocking since this ribbon yarn is 62% nylon and 38% cotton. One suggestion made was not to block until I seamed it all together. I am trying to decide what to do since the edges roll alot.


What do you think? Will this fiber block? Or just jump back to it's unruly sproingy shape?

My next project:

Wallis Cardigan from IK Summer 08. The suggested yarn was way too $$ for my budget, so I bought some Lion Brand Micro Fiber in a lovely Vanilla color. the weight is very similar and I figured it would be good for the conference at BYU this summer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure blocking will work on that yarn. Of course, I'm not a regular blocker -- only when I do lace so what do I know? -- good luck.

Learning the harp? Jeez, the only thing I can play is the radio.

schrodinger said...

I don't know if I would hold out too much hope on the blocking with that yarn, I think the nylon will make it pretty resistant. Only way to know is to try.

I'm so happy to see that you'll be making Melissa's Wallis cardigan, it's a great looking design.

Larjmarj said...

You look very happy to be harping. That's a real switch.

Meredith said...

Playing the harp always looks so complicated to me--good luck at harp camp! I didn't know there was such a thing...

zippiknits...sometimes said...

How lovely to be learning the harp. Congratulations on a new instrument to add to your repertoire.

That's great that you got the new bed topper and are very happy with it. A good night's sleep is priceless.

I haven't been knitting either. I really want to but time is short!

Not sure you can block out that curl but you can try. If not you might have to do something like a same color tape that is used in commercial sweaters sometimes. You hand sew it in and it stays. Good luck..it's very beautiful..