Monday, May 12, 2008

A little further along

EZs Baby Surprise Jacket is moving along:

I am about halfway at this point. The Sirdar is also moving along, but taking a picture of the black yarn doesn't come out so well.

I was surfing Ebay last night and found an old Ashford Scholar in need of some TLC and a new home. I have been thinking about wanting a little portable wheel thinking it will encourage me to get back into spinning and get going to the local spin-ins. So I set up ESnipe to bid for me and won her! She (for some reason I have applied gender it although that is not my norm) came in at nice a low price and in need of cleaning. I hope to have it by the end of the week and will know if this was a good thing or not.



You see how neglected she is? I hope to easily disassemble her and refurbish her to get that finish or a new one, looking fabulous. I love working with wood and finishes - so this will be a fun project. Cross your fingers on this one :-} that she will spin well!

6 comments:

zippiknits...sometimes said...

She looks like she still has all her parts and she's ready to spin. That part's very good. :o)

I think your new yarn find looks like a beautiful rainbow. Very pretty little sweater, and yes, black is impossible to photo.

Knit blogging has sure slowed down all across the knitbloggy world. It's the longing for Spring probably.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful wheel find! I hope she spins well for you.

Your remarks about loving woodworking intrigue me. To you make your own reeds?

Ruinous Fools said...

You can give her a bath with Murphy's Oil Soap. Mine is in need of a bath. too. Don't know how your wheel comes apart but it shouldn't be too hard.

also if your on Ravelry there is an Ashford Group. SOMEONE can normally answer your questions.

Larjmarj said...

Very cool!! Looks like you got a good deal :-)

lobstah said...

Ooh, congrats on your new addition! Can't wait to see some lovely handspun!

Anonymous said...

What a great find! I have a spinning class next month to see if I can figure out how to use a wheel. Using a spindle never quite made it into my brain.