Saturday, December 02, 2006

High Tech PomotaNOTamus

Here is my high tech method of keeping track of knitting from charts.
Notice the teeny, tiny original that I can't for the life of me see:

I blow it up and color code the stitches.

Then I use a piece of posterboard for the guide.

Please notice the high tech bobby pins to keep it in place.

To count the rows, here is my solution:

I do have to remember that I am using a ballpoint pen, so I must be careful and close it each time or move it to a safe place.

You can see where I frogged (the crossed out part on the left sock.)

And after 14 rows, here is what we are looking like:

Now you know the secrets to a NOT high tech household.

Have a great weekend~

7 comments:

schrodinger said...

Hey, it if works, it works. Looks like you're making good progress with the sock.

Meredith said...

Looking great! I think that's a good system. ;)

lobstah said...

I like your solution. When I was working on my lace shawl I just used a piece of cardboard to pin the charts and line guide too. It was a little goofy but it worked.
The socks are looking nice.

Windansea said...

Hey, bobby pins are the bomb. so many uses!! Lydia

Sharon said...

Very ingenious!!

I have one completed pomota... and can't even face starting the second :(

Thanks for your lovely encouraging words on my blog, no you are never too old to learn.

Fru Dart said...

What a great idea. Simple but genius. And the socks looks really good.

Allegra said...

Great idea about blowing up the chart and color coding! when I finally attempt the pomos, i will definitely do that!