Monday, October 02, 2006

Beethoven


This is a symphony week. We are performing both Beethoven 1st and 9th Symphonies. I love the juxtaposition of these two. And what could be better than playing Beethoven~

Here is the sweater I began back in April:

It is the Drops Design no. 94-27. I finished the back and began on the front, but realized I should probably do the sleeves first.

Why? - well, I will need really decipher the directions for the fronts since they have the cutaway at the bottom and the scoop at the neck - in mirror images. The directions are probably clear for someone who has used these patterns before and who has knit similarly shaped items - but they a bit complicated to me!

So I began the sleeves instead - thanks to Sharon's thoughts on her fabulous Central Park Hoodie and some other knitters too, I decided to knit the 2 sleeves at the same time to make sure they were identical:

Here is the sleeve detail:

So fellow knitters, in your vast array of experience, is it also a good idea to knit the 2 front pieces simultaneously as well? This is the first time I have knit anything like this ~ any ideas are always welcome.

Thanks ever so much - have a great week.

6 comments:

essjay said...

I love that detail on the sleeves! I hope the rest of the knitting goes well!

Sharon said...

Oh yes definately when there is pattern detail that needs to match, I will make the fronts simultaneously as well.

I love music of many genres but have to embarrasingly admit that I am clueless when it comes to classical :( I hear pieces and go oh that is so beautiful but as to what or who it is??? sad isn't it!!

Meredith said...

The sleeves look great! I usually will knit the fronts at the same time too or keep track of rows to make sure that they're exactly the same.

BrownBerry said...

Your knitting on this already looks great! Now thanks to seeing your 2 sleeves on one circular, I may be brave enough to try this next. It seems to me that you could do the 2 fronts as well, as long as you keep the directions straight for decreases, which are different on each side. Keep us posted!
P.S. You and I have the same blog template - :)

Larjmarj said...

I compared heavy metal to Beethoven the othere day and Mr. Larj thought that I was crazy. Hmmph, i still think that I have a point. I am sweater shy, wish that I could help you out.

Anonymous said...

The sleeves are looking great -- beautiful pattern!

I haven't tried knitting two front sections at the same time, but it sounds like a good idea to me! :-)