Tuesday, June 30, 2009

4th of July insanity

It is July.

It is Texas.

And we are expected to play outdoor concerts. And you are expected to attend said concerts.

People - it has been HOT HOT HOT. What are they thinking??? I have three outdoor performances this week: East Texas Symphony, North East Texas Symphony and Ft. Worth Symphony ..... you may never hear from me again since I will surely melt into a little pool of nothingness.

But before I melt - here is my progress on Juno Regina. I ripped back a few times and in frustration frogged it. After licking my wounds and eating my humble pie, I cast on again and this time used a life line. The diamonds are complete and the infamous 42" begins.



Thanks for all your comments - it was fun having Janet here. And yes Lella, we can fit both cars in our garage! The socks are resting right now but after all this craziness dies down, I expect to get back to them. They are ready for me to begin the toes :-)

Mer - it was because of your Juno Regina is so beautiful that I decided to knit one.

If I don't melt this weekend, I'll see you soon.

2 comments:

twig said...

I have to admit that I didn't much care for the Juno Regina when I saw it on Knitty, but you're right, Mer's is gorgeous. Can't wait to see yours, too.

Who in their right mind schedules outdoor concerts in Texas in July?

Meredith said...

I agree - why are there outdoor concerts in Texas in the summer? Outdoor performances can be hot enough in February there! Hope you're surviving.