Saturday, June 20, 2009

Friends and UFOs

I can't believe an entire week has passed since Janet was here!



She is a friend of 30 years and was passing by our fair city. We ate, danced (well, the dancers did) and laughed a lot. She also got to see the ballet and hear me play in the orchestra for the first time in 25 years. I think she enjoyed it; I know I did.

Apparently so did the reviewer: "The evening opened with Leonid Lavrovsky's Paganini, a psychological study of the brilliant but tormented Italian violinist and composer Niccolo Paganini. Pianist Gleb Ivanov and the Metropolitan Classical Ballet Orchestra performed the Rachmaninoff score with vivid finesse." She even had nice things to say about the dancing :-)

Since Janet was so intrigued by my knitting, I decided to finish the jaywalkers for her :-)

I cast on for Juno Regina from Knitty with some Knitpicks Gloss. Here is my progress so far:

Broderie is still in the works, but has been resting since it requires mindful knitting and my schedule has been too busy for me concentrate on it. I will get back to it when things slow down a bit.

Have a great weekend:-)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Those Jaywalkers are outstanding! I love the colors, and, of course, that also means I love the color of that shawl.

twig said...

I'm glad y'all had such a good time. Good friends make so many things fun.

Meredith said...

I love my Juno Regina with the gloss - enjoy yours!

zippiknits...sometimes said...

you can get your car into the garage?

No really I meant to comment on the lovely jaywalkers gift to your friend.

Good friends make a life worth living. I'm so glad you had a great time with yours, and congrats on the rave review from a *gulp* print critic. So fine!