Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Broderie Bit

Broderie waistband blocking......


I stopped in at Montgomery Mills again and bought 2 lbs (2400 yards) of Peruvian Tweed - alpaca. At the mill, the yarn is in gigantic skeins in big boxes on the floor with hand printed signs. No labels. So searching turned up this:

"Peruvian Tweed is a Joseph Galler alpaca yarn that is incredibly soft, warm, and lofty, and all of the colors come naturally from the variations in the alpacas themselves—no dyed colors. One ply is a combed blend of colors while the second ply is one solid color. 600 yards of this light worsted-weight, 100% natural alpaca yarn is an excellent value! Hand wash, lay flat to dry.

Fiber: 100% Alpaca
Gauge: 4 (Medium); 20–22 sts = 4"
Needle: US 7 or 8 (4.5 or 5 mm)
Crochet Hook: G or H
Yardage: 600 yds
Weight: 7.6–8 oz"

I hope to knit this for Jim. I think it will look stunning with this yarn.

Got back from NY late last night and I am one pooped puppy! I had gone up for my cousin's funeral so it was a sad week but great to be with family. We had so much love and support I cannot even begin to tell you the comfort we found.

2 comments:

maria said...

that is going to look fantastic. Can't wait to see the progress. How far down in the que is this project?

twig said...

What yarn are you using for Broderie? Since you "forced" me to buy the pattern, it's your responsibility to help me find the perfect yarn.