Friday, April 24, 2009

Fraternal Jaywalkers?

I just started what I hope will be fraternal Jaywalkers.


The pattern is Grumperina's found here.

Well, sort of - you can download it from Ravelry or email her to get it.

The yarn is from that new sampler I just got - KP Felici and the color is Schooner.

The needles are KP Harmony #1 DPNs and I am knitting the smallest size.


The cardi is still in the works - the sleeves are pinned in and ready for attaching. My past few weeks have been too busy for me to sit during the day (with good light) and stitch them up.
I really hope I will have time next week.


My DH and I were getting tired of the old decor in our bedroom, so we made a change:

to this:


We are looking for a new comforter to join in the lightened and
freshened up look.


I am headed up to Wichita Falls today for symphony and the guest artist is
Ricky Scaggs.
Should be fun :-)
My only hope is that the hotel is better than last time.
The housekeeping and maintenance staff were unbelievably negligent - I had to change rooms do to the shower running - it literally would not turn off.
And then in the morning, I pulled back the coverlet to find a disgustingly soiled comforter.
It was really repulsive.
They gave me my money back, but it makes me question the rest of the cleanliness of the room.
This time, I am taking the Lysol wipes and wipe everything I can before touching it.
And I will check the linens as well.
I would not stay there again if it wasn't "the" hotel the symphony puts us in.
Oh well, this is the last concert of the season for this group.
Maybe the accomodations will be improved next year.

0 comments: