Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Bluebonnets and Dragonflies

It is Bluebonnet season in North Texas. So on the way home from the University, I pulled over and took a few shots. We don't have the proliferation of some years, but they are still pretty. Or in Texan: purty.



Although the Sirdar Juicy Cardi is still waiting to be seamed, I did CO DragonFly Socks. I bought some inexpensive Serenity Sock Weight at Joanns. The color is "Chili" - the color of the skein in the front. It seems okay, similar to KP Essentials. No, it isn't Lornas Laces but I think it will be just fine.

We have been thankfully busy with Easter music though some of our colleagues are sitting at home. We do feel the economic crunch though so far not so bad. There has been a drop in my DH wedding work and neither of us have Maundy Thursday services this year. Hopefully we can continue to do what we do best - make beautiful music.

I hope your celebrations of Easter and Passover are joyous.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

From someone who lives in the part of the state where bluebonnets must be carefully cultivated to survive, thanks for the reminder of spring! I do hope your music work weathers the economic situation.

twig said...

It's not fair that you're already getting flower weather. Our crocuses (crocii?) have started to bloom but for me flower season doesn't start until the daffs and tulips bloom.

Mrs Knitaddict said...

That is a true SPRING!
and your socks are beautiful too.
Glad I found your blog.
a kiss,
Dolly