Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Out with the old and an FO

And in with the new... fireplace screen, that is.


The old:


The naked...

The new:


In use:



Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. Where's the hot chocolate?


Here is hubby in his finished Cobblestone:



The yarn is Sirdar Country DK and the gauge was 22 sts = 4" so I had to fudge the numbers for a size that fit. I think it came out pretty well. Whew. There was a lot of stockinette but the short row shaping held my interest.

I think Jim will stay warm and I hope you do too.

6 comments:

Larjmarj said...

LOVE the new fireplace, very mission style.

Meredith said...

The sweater looks great, and it looks like it fits him perfectly! And I love the new fireplace too!

Agnes said...

Great ... just in time for Christmas!
The colour of the hubby's sweater is very pretty ... :)

Unknown said...

I'm late commenting. The new screen is nice, but the Cobblestone is outstanding. The color is beautiful, and you did a great job with both the pattern and the fit. Happy Nutcracker!

Anonymous said...

Love the cobblestone sweater. But the real question is what are you doing with a fireplace! You live in TEXAS!!!!! heheheh

Anonymous said...

Hey, just saw your new fireplace screen - very YOU! I really like it!