Monday, December 29, 2008

FO: Jacques Cousteau Cap

I just finished this for an oboe friend:



And if the yarn looks familiar, it is because it is the leftovers from Jim's Cobblestone. The pattern is Jacques Cousteau Cap I found on Ravelry. It was quick to knit even though I had to frog it and reknit in the smaller size. According to his wife, my friend has a small head - even smaller than hers.

I hope your holidays were filled with friends, family and good food. We are finally feeling rested after an arduous season. Mom is here and it is so nice to sit on the sofa next to each other and chat and knit. Life is good.

Best wishes to you all for a Happy and healthy New Year.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that pattern. It's stylish and simple enough that even my husband would like it.

Unknown said...

Nice job! I love the pattern as well. Of course, it looks best from the top because the decrease pattern is so cool, and I keep making it for really tall people. . . .

Beadin By The Sea said...

What a great hat! All of your projects are so inspiring! I just got out my knitting needles for a new project and stumbled upon your blog. Happy knitting to you in 2009!

Meredith said...

Looks nice and cozy. Hope you're having a nice new year!

Larjmarj said...

Love the pattern. I am familiar with the curse of the peanut head ;-) I have one myself.

maria said...

Hello,

Found your blog while searching the net for help learning to knit. This is my second attempt at this. I am determined as I believe beautiful knitting and crocheting are somewhere in my genes. My grandmother made beautiful dollies with pansies around the edges. I am investigating the classes at Woolie Ewe.. but travel a great deal for work and I can't alway guarantee that I will be home on Thursdays for weeks in a row. Hoping that I can find someone close by that could meet me at a Starbucks and help from time to time.

sillyewe said...

Hey, Girlie,

Just stoppin by to say hello. Hope all is well there and I shall call you in a day or so to catch up.:0)