Sunday, November 09, 2008

FO: Ice Queen

My dear knitting friends - Thanks so much for your thoughts on the furniture. We are hoping everything will work out and we'll actually have our refund and a table before Christmas. As for the dietary issues - I am determined to do my best to stay healthy! After last night's concert, instead of drinking a glass of wine and eating fried bits of who knows what, I had a bit of juice and some popcorn. (Had to eat something!) Low acid, thank you. I do plan on eating sauce and spicy foods in moderation - will just reinforce the situation with Rolaids or something similar.

Ice Queen is finished! It was knit with Roan Kidsilk Haze in color 633 - violetta. I used #8 and #6 16" Bryspun circs. They have nice little points and are grabby plastic. They were great for knitting with this very slippery yarn. The color is actually more plum, less blue, but the camera did not want to accept that. I also used 60 Swarovski crystals but they are not showing well. They really sparkle in real life. I think my friend Joyce (who will be receiving this for Christmas) will like it.




This was such a fun little knit, I actually stopped at the LYS yesterday after rehearsal and picked up another skein of KSH in black to knit another for another friend.

Here is a little bonus shot of Silly Ewe at Friday night's rehearsal. Note the amazing sweater she is wearing (for which she won a blue ribbon at the fair this year!)



Have a delightful week -

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely project!

I must have missed something on your blog. I'm sorry you've not been feeling well.

schrodinger said...

So pretty! I think your friend is going to love it - esp with the sparkle, who doesn't love a little sparkle in their life?

Anonymous said...

How pretty! I know your friend is going to love it.

Meredith said...

Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

REally nice! :)

Cécile said...

Hi Ceci, That is a gorgeous sweater on Silly Ewe. Wow! And I realy like Ice Queen too. I'm sure your friend will love it.

Sorry about the health issues. anything that makes us change our diet is a pain, but hopefully you willhave less pain and the changes will be worth it.

I'm glad to find a blog that gets updated about as frequently as mine. :-) I am traveling this month a lot, so am not going to get much blogging done for a while yet. I'm in Olympia, WA at my sister's at the moment.

Take care,

Ceci