Sunday, February 24, 2008

Oboe Pics

Thank you for your interest. And since you were interested, I thought I would have Jim take a few pictures in my studio. I did sit to play the bass oboe in the orchestra, although I had a taller chair and used a cushion to add another inch.

So for comparison, here I am with my regular oboe



(Please excuse the goofy expression.)

And here with the Bass Oboe

And one more standing (for size reference, I am 5'2")

The bass oboe sounds on octave lower than the regular oboe and sounds like a cross between oboe and bassoon: a little bit buzzy but definitely an oboe.

(Did you notice the Fiber Trend Felted Clogs on my feet?)

So there you have it. Crazy, huh?!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That *is* long. Thanks for pictures that make the size more clear.

Larjmarj said...

Wow! Yeah thanks for the pics...hey....where are my clogs. (need to put them on).

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Thank you very much for taking the time to show us what the differences are, and thanks to your DH for taking the pictures. That bass oboe is tall!

Enigma said...

How fun to see a glimpse of your musical life! That bass oboe is crazy long!

Ruth said...

Cool! I'd like to try a bass oboe someday.

Jessica said...

LOL! Ah the good old bass oboe. A sound like no other. Lucky you having to make reeds for that. ;) Hope the gig went well.