Thursday, March 29, 2007

Knovice Knitter Kniavete

So last year in April I begin this fabulous cardigan thinking I will have it finished in 2 months. HAH! I did manage to knit the back, then the two sleeves and became stuck on the two front pieces. (Here is the pattern - you can see why I was confused).

How the heck do I knit a mirror image?? While increasing??? Now, for all you experienced knitters, this might not have seemed an issue. But to me, a year ago, it was beyond my level of knitting comprehension. I was stymied, baffled, confused and had no idea where to begin.

This week I was determined to turn this into a FO. I emailed my friend asking for advice and VIOLA! Two front pieces with mirror increases are emerging:


I know they don't look like much yet, but for me they are a monumental step forward in my knitting experience.

I did order these nifty bags from KP last week. I think they look great - but don't know how long they will hold up. Since almost all my work involves carrying an instrument in a black bag and wearing black clothes, I thought these would be less obtrusive sitting on the stage under my chair with the rest of my stuff than my brocade or toile bags full of multi-colored projects peeking out the top. Here they are if you are interested:

I'll let you know how well they last....

This weekend is a conglomeration of 3 rehearsals and 3 performances - all different music, locations and with different musicians. So if the brains and body are still intact after Sunday afternoon, I will check back and come see you all.

Have a fabulous weekend :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that pattern. It's been on my list of things to knit -- I just haven't gotten there yet.

Larjmarj said...

It's such a good feeling when you finally figure out how to do something that previously seemed impossiable

lobstah said...

I was wondering what had happened to this cardi...although I didn't want to pester you about it, LOL! It looks like you are making great progress, I bet you'll have an FO soon!

Meredith said...

I love that sweater--can't wait to see you yours turns out!