Saturday, March 24, 2007

FO and a Birthday Bag, Symphony Report

Thanks for the birthday wishes. It was really nice and being middle aged isn't so bad. Like my Mom says, consider the alternative!
Here are my socks from my all-time favorite pattern "Embossed Leaves."

I used KnitPicks Gloss in Dusk and #2 DPNs. I knit one less pattern repeat on the foot since I wear a size 6.

I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these socks!!

Laura and I went shopping today at a local consignment shop and she got herself a great bag -

Boas and Polka dots!!! And the lining has little girls in poodle skirts!!

Too Fun.

Last symphony, we performed the Elgar Cello Concerto with Amanda Forsyth. She was remarkable. And you should have seen the men's heads turn when she walked in. She is a drop-dead gorgeous woman who is a fantastic cellist! Way to go, Amanda!!!!

We turned in a good performance on the brahms as well. It was a harrowing week, but the final product was good. Whew!

Next week is crazy with Palm Sunday and numerous rehearsals and performances crammed into 3 days. I will write more if I survive next weekend.

A good thing to look forward to during the week of craziness - Silly Ewe and I are working together :-)

Enjoy the rest of this one.

6 comments:

schrodinger said...

They are beautiful socks, I really, really, really need to make some :)

What a fun bag.

Larjmarj said...

Beautiful socks (the pattern is on my list of to do's) and thanks for the CD recommendation!

Miri Mack said...

Such a gorgeous color for that pattern.

lobstah said...

Those came out beautifully, the color is one of my faves :)

Enigma said...

Great looking socks!

And happy belated!

Agnes said...

I love the embossed leaves pattern ... always comes out lovely in almost any yarns. Yours are beautiful ... I like the colour.