Monday, March 12, 2007

Embossed Leaves, Iris, and Brains

Hi Blog Buddies!!!

Sorry to be so long in posting something new.... There are just not enough hours in the day.
Yesterday was my birthday and we arranged our students so we could go out for dinner. I broke my salt grinder, and DH bought me a new one. I don't need extravagant gifts!
Embossed Leaves are a slow go - but then again, I am the Hare - here is one cuff, the other is in the same place. I just began the heel flap this morning.

(Hey ~ Those aren't toes!!!)


One of my students brought me a bouquet of Irises:

This weekend is Wichita Falls Symphony - out of town. I can't wait to play the Brahms 4th Symphony. What a great piece! Gee, I was going to link to the orchestra, but their web page is hopelessly out of date. Go figure.

I saw this on Cindy's blog and it intrigued me!

Brain Lateralization Test Results
Right Brain (52%) The right hemisphere is the visual, figurative, artistic, and intuitive side of the brain.
Left Brain (52%) The left hemisphere is the logical, articulate, assertive, and practical side of the brain
Are You Right or Left Brained?
personality tests by similarminds.com


*results won't usually add up to 100% as this test measures each side seperately


Left brain dominant individuals are more orderly, literal, articulate, and to the point. They are good at understanding directions and anything that is explicit and logical. They can have trouble comprehending emotions and abstract concepts, they can feel lost when things are not clear, doubting anything that is not stated and proven.

Right brain dominant individuals are more visual and intuitive. They are better at summarizing multiple points, picking up on what's not said, visualizing things, and making things up. They can lack attention to detail, directness, organization, and the ability to explain their ideas verbally, leaving them unable to communicate effectively.

Overall you appear to have fairly Equal Hemispheres .

It seems I am pretty balanced, at least brain-wise, though there are people who would probably debate that! Have a teriffic weekend.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!

I got married in Altus, Oklahoma -not too terribly far away from Wichita Falls, Texas. We haven't been back that way in several years.

Have fun and travel safely.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

The sock is looking great!

lobstah said...

Hope you had an awesome birthday.

To me, it makes sense that a musician is very "equal-brained"...music seems like the coming-together of art and science!
I took it and got 58% left brained and 36% right brain. I'm a little science and math nerd, ha ha :)

schrodinger said...

Happy belated. Sounds like you had a lovely time surrounded by those you love and care about.

The sock is coming along well, it looks lovely.

Larjmarj said...

No need to take a test, I'm about as right brained as they get. Happy belated BD. The socks look great they along with so many others are on my list. I would love a list of recommended classical pieces. I need to get back in to more of my classical listening but don't really have a starting reference point.

RheLynn said...

You're doing some beautiful knitting and I love the irises!

Meredith said...

Love the sock. And happy birthday!

Sharon said...

Happy belated birthday and I know all about the posting thing, I have been a shocker lately!!

The sock is looking lovely too.