Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Stuff

The weekend in Cleveland was amazing. I saw people I have not seen for years, including JM's family. The solo and chamber performances at the concert were magnificent. And playing in the Sinfonia was indeed moving. I managed not to cry until we were done. I feel blessed to have known John, to have my dear husband at my side for this tribute and to see my colleagues at such a lovely and moving event.

I awoke in the middle of last night with a majorly sore throat. And then had to get up way too early today to go play more children's concerts this morning (we also did some on Monday). I canceled my students for the afternoon and laid on the sofa feeling sorry for my self. Unfortunately (health wise) I have to go out of town again Friday for symphony. I can only hope I feel well enough tomorrow to do some practicing since I am playing principal and have not yet looked at the music! EEEEK! I am happy to be working, but sure wish I felt better....

Here is Streaming Leaves as of Monday pm. I knit just at the airport while we were waiting around. I like this pattern, though I must *really* concentrate or I get messed up. Right now it is moving along just fine...


After receiving Patootie's picture yesterday, I decided to knit another Placket Sweater (from Weekend Knitting) for a friend who is due Dec. 2. I had some pretty peach colored Caron Simply Soft and already have the first 4" knit. Pics soon to follow.

Now I must go to bed and try to get some sleep to help fend off this cold. As always, I appreciate your dear thoughts and comments - see you after the weekend. Hope yours is grand!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon.

lobstah said...

Aw, sorry you are sick! Sending healing vibes your way.
Love the streaming leaves, it's a very unique pattern.

Zarzuela said...

Hope you feel better soon! The scarf is coming along nicely. :)

Jessica

Sharon said...

I have the exact same thing at the moment but I can put my feet up a bit. Do try and get a bit of rest if you can and I hope you are feeling better soon :)

The streaming leaves looks really nice too!