Tuesday, October 20, 2009

the Banda

We are in the midst of the Dallas Opera production of Otello. Since I am in the on stage band (aka banda) I will be playing in costume. Here is a shot from last night's dress rehearsal.


And here we are in our wigs!


Got home from Rhinebeck late Sunday evening and have been non-stop since. There are a few FOs to show you, but I need to take photos first. As you can see, I have been a bit busy banda-ing about :-) and will get to the knitting content soon. I promise.

3 comments:

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Yay for you! I have only seen one or two stage plays with a banda, and they were great. You know I'd come be in your audience if I could. :o)

Knittinreed said...

Thanks, Lella. It would be grand if you were in the audience ;-) In the meantime, we will just have to muddle along as best as we can.

Patty said...

I'm going to Otello (San Francisco's production) in a few weeks. I was told the banda had English horn(s)?

So how is it to memorize and then play on stage in costume? I think I'd be terrified!