Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Conglomeration of clogs

Has it been this long since the last post? Yikes!

We are into our busiest season now; between the opera, students, symphony and random church work, Day to Day has been ignored. But not the knitting. I did finish and have already worn Scoop de Jour - photos soon :-) I promise.

Rhinebeck was *very* cool. I got to meet Vi and Zarzuela and had lunch with a dear friend. I found some beautiful Cormo to spin, hand-dyed merino and bamboo lace weight and a beautiful deep red merino for a special project. It was really cold on Saturday but a nice sunny day. It was also very crowded. I am not too happy with big crowds - it felt like so many people all sort of pushing you along. While it was a wonderful event, I don't know if I will go again. I went by myself - I think it would have been great if I had a fibery friend.
Mom didn't go so I gave her ticket to a lady coming in who was very surprised she just received a free ticket. I hope her day turned out to be a good one.

These are ready to be felted

I love, love, love this Fiber Trends pattern. It is very well written (trust the pattern!!) and the clogs always turn out great. I like to use Classic Merino because it felts so well. And while the color selection at the local hobby shops is limited, I can still find some that are fun. I bought some of this to try for non-slip soles. I'll let you know how it works.

We are having Thanksgiving here with family and friends, so I thought it would be nice for them to have house slippers.

Felting party is Saturday - want to come?

Today starts with morning childrens concerts, so I must get a move on. Have a fabulous rest of the week ~

7 comments:

Laura said...

Love those clogs -- especially the ones for your harpist friend.....

Knittinreed said...

That is right my lovely Laura. Yours are right in the middle. You sounded magnificent this morning, BTW.

Meredith said...

Wow, that's a lot of clogs! It is a pretty cool pattern, I have to admit.

Larjmarj said...

My fibertrends clogs are my favorite thing ever!! EVER!! I love them, they are worn 365 days a year. Like you said though...trust the pattern because to read through it it's like ....Huh?

zippiknits...sometimes said...

What a sweet idea to make clogs for your guests.

And, yes, I do want to come to the felting party, Ceci. I have not had good luck with felting much of anything in my machine. I need to watch your performance art video of it, me thinks.

Unknown said...

Love the clogs! I am interested in seeing how the gripper works out.

vi said...

you know NEXT year we can meet you at the gate and you CAN pal around with us
it's an option you know
i'll wash my feet and brush my teeth, i promise!
actually you knew a ton of folks there,....(from online) but you just didn't realize it.. and of course they are all fiber people so are all soul mates under the skin


so to speak