Tuesday, April 08, 2008

FO Basic Cranberry Cardigan

I know, it has been quite a while since I posted. Life has been extra-ordinarily busy. Just when I think it can't get any more, something else pops up and I am sucked up into the vortex. I am not complaining - just explaining why I have been delinquent in visiting you and posting here.
  • I did finish something: Basic Black Cardigan. (Well, cranberry, not black) Since Magknits is no longer available :-( I cannot link the pattern.


Here is one pic:

And another:

  • I realized my gauge was too big and so is the cardi. I have someone in mind I think would like it and can wear it, so all is not lost. I used Sirdar Country DK in Cranberry and Options #5 (should have used #4 and knit the smaller size). Oh well, I gained a bunch of experience and really am happy overall with how it turned out. I might even knit it again in a nice cotton blend.

  • My husband's socks will be done in no time now - just the toes to finish. It should only be a day or two for those. The dilemma is what to knit next? Do you go through the indecisiveness and angst when trying to make the decision too?

  • We just received the news from our accountant about our taxes and I am now on a yarn diet. But the reality is that I am in the market for a new oboe (KaChing) at the same time as our tax fate was being deduced, so new yarn will be on hold for a while. Good thing that vortex is whirling around us since we will be sending Uncle Sam a chunka chunka change. I hope your taxes come out more advantageous for you than ours did for us.

Have a good rest of the week, dear fellow knitties and I will try to stop by for a visit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice sweater, I like the color.

schrodinger said...

Love the color of the cardi. I'm sure the recipient will be thrilled.

Larjmarj said...

Looks loverly. Sorry to hear that you got burned on your taxes. Crap.