Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving, dear fellow knitters. I hope your day will be relaxing and filled with warm feelings, delicious food, and some quality knitting time. Jim and I will be spending a quiet cooking, eating and knitting day at home. I am brining a turkey breast that will go on the rotisserie. Squash soup will be the first course, whipped sweet potatoes and garlic herbed peas and green beans will round out the meal. Pumpkin pie (soon to go in the oven) will finish.

I have a few projects underway - Jim's sweater that has progressed this far:

And Bamboozle Lace Panel Tunic for me.

Here is the start of the back.


Our busy season begins tomorrow with the first round of Nutcrackers. Then the next day off (no students, no rehearsals or performances) will be Christmas Day. Oh - I will fly to NY one day to get Mom and fly back the next with her. Those days don't really count as days off, do they? If my blogging is sparse for the next few weeks, please understand. I will try to stop by yours and leave comments.


If you haven't started your Mr. Greenjeans yet - now is the time :-) I have worn mine and felt all cosy and warm. The girls at my LYS thought it was a goody. I was pretty thrilled when Jill (the owner) asked me what pattern it was.

So, friends, have a wonderful holiday, enjoy your weekend and whatever else is going on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodness! That is a busy season! Hope you had a relaxing day.

Larjmarj said...

Wow you really are quite the speed knitter. Our turkey day was quiet and sane.
You probably do the nutcracker every year no?

Tasting Tiffany said...

Thank youu for sharing