Monday, November 12, 2007

Another FO

Thank you all for your lovely comments. I really enjoyed knitting Tilia even on #2. I guess since I knit socks on #1 and #0, #2 didn't seem so small. Go figure. I did wear her on Saturday at Jim's Mother's 90th birthday party. The sweater got rave reviews - Jim made sure everyone knew I have knit it (he is a keeper.)

The only thing was that it stretched quite a bit and by the end of the night *really* needed to be smaller. If you are going to knit with Hempathy, I would suggest as small a needle as you can stand and knit a smaller size.

Here is Mr. Greenjeans:
This was really quick - I think even with all the other distractions, it took me 2 weeks. Would have been sooner if Tilia had not been pressing. I used Lion Brand Cotton Ease in Charcoal with #7 and #6 needles. Since it is so chunky, I think it sweater makes me look even bigger than I am, but will be great for casual wear any winter day. That is if we ever get to winter here. Today is 80 degrees and tomorrow is forecast to be 84. Yikes!

And here is the cuff of one of Jim's socks:

He picked the Ash colored KP Essentials from the stash and the ribbed pattern from SKS. I am knitting these on #0 Harmony DPNS. All I can say is I LOVE these needles.

As soon as I get to the heels of these (I knit them 2 at a time on matching DPNS) there is a pullover pattern for Jim I am ready to start. The yarn is a beautiful heathered green wool blend. I will let you know as soon as I get going on it.

As always, I appreciate your kind remarks. Your comments make my day. Have a wonderful week, dear knitting buddies.

7 comments:

Rebel said...

Mr. Greenjean's looks great!!

Jessica said...

The sweater looks great! Warm and comfy. :)

Jessica

Anonymous said...

What a great looking sweater! That's on my to do list should I ever get through all the to do lists that are on my master to do list.

Lucy said...

Lovely Mr Greenjeans - great to see it finished and in 2 weeks!Wow! Congrats!!

LesleyKnits said...

It looks great! Two weeks - wow :)

iwouldratherbeknitting said...

You are a fast knitter!

Larjmarj said...

So cool that your hubby brags up your work. I LOVE the Mr. Greenjeans. I was going to start it, discovered that I was 2 skeins short, went to my LYS...they were out! So I was forced to eBay it and get two skeins there. I don't think (I hope) the dye lot will not be too much of a problem as the yarn is sort of heathery anyway. If it is I'll figure something out. 80 degrees? Not in Michigan!!