Sunday, April 15, 2007

Seaming and Shostakovich

We performed Shostakovich 5th Symphony last night with RSO. It has the most beautifully forlorn oboe solos in our repertoire and our principal oboist performed them magnificently! It is a real pleasure and honor to be able to work with such wonderful friends and musicians.

Thanks to all your great suggestions, that fine link and with some more reading on my part I was able to seam up my cardi. I only wish we were all sitting together with that cup of coffee....

Then I realized I needed to crochet the border, so I practiced a bit on an old swatch. It was sort of like riding a bicycle - I haven't crocheted in over 20 years, but my fingers just went where they needed to!


Of course I need a different size needle than what I have, so I cannot really begin until I make a trip to the craft store tomorrow. I hope to have an FO soon 'cos I would like to begin my summer lacy cardi. This is CeCe by Chicknits. Now how could I not knit a cardi with the same name as me??!!

I am planning to use Shine Sport in Sky (light blue).

FO coming soon.....................

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your going to model the cardi from DROPS for us, right? I'm really excited to see it all finished.

lobstah said...

Oh wow, it looks like you did an awesome job seaming that cardi up! I can't wait to see it on you!

Larjmarj said...

LOVELY!
A pic modeling would be nice!

Meredith said...

It's looking fabulous! Glad you were able to seam it easily!