Saturday, January 20, 2007

Mom, Hat 'n' Socks

Although Mom was here, I put in a busy knitting week. Didn't get too much practicing or reedmaking done, but we did cook, bake, eat, play Scrabble (she whomped me!) and knit.

The first pic is of that Ribbed Cashmere Hat on Shrodinger's blog. My cousin is a runner and wears hats - I hope it fits. My DH thought is was fine for him.

I used Sirdar DK (acrylic, wool, nylon blend) and #6 needles.

And then I finished the ever-so-bright socks from the gift Collinette yarn:

They were a great fit - for both Mom and me. But Mom liked them so much, I gave them to her. Picture a 5', 86 year old white haired lady in black velvet pull-on pants, black loafers and these socks! She looked pretty darn cute!

I was surprised how fast these knit up after all the socks I knit with fairly involved patterns, these were QUICK! I knit 12 rows of 2x2 ribbing, stockinette leg, ribbed heel, stockinette foot and a star toe on #1 dpns.

Our lives have returned to our normal craziness, so I will come see you more often. I missed you all :-)

7 comments:

schrodinger said...

Yay! The hat looks lovely, aren't those decreases great?

I'm smiling thinking of your mother wearing the socks.

Anonymous said...

Love that hat.

I'll bet your mom *does* look cute in those socks. They definitely would perk up a pair of black pants and shoes.

Meredith said...

Great socks! Your mom sure sounds cute. :)

lobstah said...

The hat came out beautifully! And the socks are great, how cool that your mother loves them!

Larjmarj said...

LOVE those socks, my mom is requesting more. I think she'd love that color! The hat came out great and the decreases are perfection. It's on my to make list.

Enigma said...

Ooo, I love the hat - great choice in color too. Those socks are the brightest I've ever seen, and they're very Christmas-y to me. I definitely think they will look great with plain black pants and shoes.

Sharon said...

Sounds like a lovely time the two of you had together.

Lovely hat and very bright socks ;)