Monday, July 03, 2006

Lots of Topics

First off, thanks all for your kind support. LarjMarj- go for it! GG is a nice knit (once you get in the groove).

I just cast on and knit 18 rows for the latest Embossed Leaves to get a head start. Here is my cuff:

Sharon - I think you should knit these too! They are a lovely pattern, easy enough yet interesting too. The pattern calls for a twisted rib, but I just k1P1.

Here is the last pair I made - but I think this buttery color will be good too. Don't you?



News of my mentor: John had surgery Friday and the Drs. were very happy. They think they got all the tumor out. He is out of intensive care but not yet eating. Once he "decides to eat" (in his son's words) he can go back to the rehabilitation center and prepare to go home. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. Please keep them coming if you like.

Fourth of July: my concert is in the afternoon, my DH's is in the evening. Then we leave the house at 5:00 a.m. for the airport for an 8:00 a.m. outbound for Mexico. WooHoo - on the beach by noon!!

You gals are great - thank you for including me in your knitting community. I just am loving this!!!! Have a Fabulous 4th and I'll see you when we return (Monday).

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Hey you know you have definately inspired me to make them. I have to find the right yarn as all my sock yarn is either variegated or Opal self striping.

Getting patients to eat is always hard.

Look out Mexico, you have a great time now wont you!! This knitting community is a terrific bunch, including you my dear.

essjay said...

I think the embossed leaves socks will be beautiful in that buttery yellow! Those blue ones are just beautiful! I'm so glad John's surgery went well - I wish him a speedy recovery. Have a safe and wonderful trip!!!

Teyani said...

the gold embossed leaves will be gorgeous.
glad that your mentor's surgery went well.

lobstah said...

I'm glad things are looking up a bit for your mentor.

Green gables looks great!

vickthompson said...

Those socks look great! So does your green gables.

I'm glad your mentor's surgery went well. I hope he is feeling better and home soon.