Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Hittin' the Road

Thank you to every knitting friend - your support through this difficult time has been remarkable. You have helped me cope with our loss. And thank you Kim for the link to the Cleveland Plain Dealer in yesterday's comments; it is a nice article.
Here is today's link for the NY Times article (it is a bit different with a nice picture):

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/26/arts/music/26mack.html

We are hitting the road tomorrow for Indiana for my DH's family event. From there we head west to S. Dakota for a visit to Mt. Rushmore!! Then back to Texas to get back to work. We will be driving, even with the cost of gas! Airlines tickets were out of sight for this one.

I put three projects together to take on the road:

The yellow is my other sock, the blue is that Fern Leaf Lace Wrap (Scarf Style) that has been in progress for the entire summer and the whites are for facecloths. Do you think that will hold me for a week? Maybe I should take my sweater along? Or better yet, seek out some yarn shops along the way!!

At any rate - I will see you when we return, since we have no laptop, I will not have the same internet opportunities of home.

Have a safe and joyful week ~ Ceci.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh definately seek out some yarn shops, you never know what you might find. Have a safe trip :)

Meredith said...

Have a wonderful trip!

Teyani said...

so sorry to hear about John.

Definately stop at every single yarn store within 30 miles on your journey. You're sure to find a few special things along the way.

essjay said...

I hope you enjoy your trip! Gas prices are crazy these days but airlines are even worse! We are driving to our summer vacation too this summer because of that!

I didn't realize Mr. Mack was from Cleveland and one of the colleauges mentioned in the article works at the College I work for. It was a lovely article - how wonderful it must have been to have such an outstanding mentor.

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful trip! Hope you have plenty of time for knitting and manage to make it to a yarn shop or two!