Friday, July 21, 2006

Friday Findings

Here it is Friday already and I have been crazy busy again. I did finish one yellow Embossed Leaf and cast on the second. It has been an opera week, and I am too exhausted to knit whenI get home.

VACATION PICS

This is our building. We really liked the architecture of this place.

This is the view from our balcony. You can see the defoliation still present from the hurricane last year. It isn't showing well but we could see the ocean.

Here is where we stayed for the entire vacation. Not bad, eh?

Knitting on the beach.

OBOE THOUGHTS

This is my mentor, friend, and teacher John Mack, me and Alain deGourdon (who owns the F. Loree oboe factory in Paris).

John had a massive heart attack 2 nights ago and has not regained consciousness since. This may actually save him from suffering through the ravages of the glioblastoma. We are all praying for JM and his family.

I made a "hot" reed for opera last night and have been dedicating all my playing to John. It helps me get through to think of that.

We did get a good review in this morning's paper which actually surprised me since the reviewer had a somewhat sour look on his face when I saw him. Hopefully those who read it may be more inspired to attend if they had been vacillating.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

You have one up on me, here I am living in Australia and I have never knitted on the beach before!!

I am so sorry about your friend/mentor, John but as you say this may save future suffering as hard as that may sound. Thinking of you xx

essjay said...

I'm jealous of your trip! But I'm so glad you had a good time!