Saturday, May 15, 2010

Swallowtail - FO

This was a *very* nice pattern to knit. It took concentration, lifelines, tinking and some cussing. I also had to figure out really how loose to knit the nupps - but I loved knitting it and how it turned out.


The yarn is Classic Elite - Silky Alpaca Lace. The needles I used were Bryspun circs #4 and cast of with #6. Since the needles are white (well, sort of creamy color) it was easy enough to see the yarn. I must confess that I do have a great Verilux lamp that I sit under. Otherwise it might, no, it would be much more difficult to see.

Mods - I knit 19 repeats of the budding lace using LittleBerryKnits numbers and method. It was so easy with her great directions.

A little closer view

Nupps!


Now the conundrum is what to knit next?!

4 comments:

Panhandle Jane said...

That is a lovely shawl. I'm not brave enough to even try yet.

Knittinreed said...

Thanks Jane. Go for it - you know how to execute all the stitches!

Anonymous said...

Beautifully done. Beautiful shawl. :)

Radu Prisacaru - UK Internet Marketer said...

I feel I should say, I absolutely love your website. Could tell me how I can subscribe with it. I invite you to see my post, I hope you will find interesting too.