Monday, September 07, 2009

Rhinebeck Baby!

Here is the baby sweater for my niece's son.


I used Caron Simply Soft Shadows and the needles were #6 (I am a loosey goosey knitter).

The pattern is by Carole Barenys and can be found here. I did knit the top and bottom in garter stitch. It was a sweet little pattern to knit, but the sleeves directions were to "knit to desired length." I had to look at some other patterns to decide what length; just that one minor detail. I think it is a very well-written pattern.

Rhinebeck Knitting

Yep. You read that right. I am going to Rhinebeck!!! Since Mom lives only 1 1/2 hours from Dutchess County and I had that very weekend free, I decided to make my fall trip to Mom's coincide with this. And Mom said she would even go with me on Saturday!

I just ordered City Tweed in the color Blue Blood from Knitpicks to knit a Rhinebeck sweater. Since time is getting short, I will knit the Scoop de Jour from Chicknits. Easy and classic so I should be able to finish in time to wear it.

Will any of you be going?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ooooo, I am so jealous! I hope you have a wonderful time. The little sweater is so sweet. That yarn makes it very interesting, doesn't it?

Knittinreed said...

Thanks Jane. I am so excited I can hardly contain myself! Thank you for your nice comment too. I really like the Shadows yarn (for an acrylic) - knit a sweater for my Mom from it.

Meredith said...

Cute sweater! How exciting that you're going to Rhinebeck. Have fun! And I'm interested in hearing how the City Tweed is - it looks so pretty on the website!

zippiknits...sometimes said...

That's really a cute baby sweater, and the yarn is perfect for it, and the square buttons! Truly adorable.

I hope you had a wonderful visit with your maternal unit, and a great time together at Rhinebeck. Yay!