Thursday, February 05, 2009

I think I can, I think I can

I think I can, I think I can - knit a sweater that fits!! The Eyelet Cardi is coming along nicely.... since it is a top-down raglan, I can try it on. I believe it is going to fit!




The yarn is an Elsebeth Lavold DK Silky Tweed and I am using #4 Options.





Thanks for all the comments about the too-big bluebell. I have been wearing it around the house 'cos it's been cold here but I cannot wear it out. The WoolEase feels *really* soft and warm so I may have to give it another chance on some other item. We'll see how pilly it gets after wearing and washing a few times.

And regarding reed making - yes, professional oboists make all their own on a daily basis. It is just part of what we do. I learned when I was in college but try to teach my advanced students while they are still in high school. We split, chop, gouge, scrape and agonize over the reed constantly. I think playing oboe is a love/hate relationship. Actually that is a good thing for me as it keeps my brain cells a-hoppin'!
We are performing the Poulenc Sextet today on a recital at one of the local community colleges. We played it yesterday for a music club meeting and it was very well received. I hope today will be as good. Cross your fingers for us :-)

2 comments:

Larjmarj said...

My first and only cardi is a raglan, I like that you can try them on as you go. Of course that didn't save me from royally screwing up a few times but hey...

Agnes said...

Lovely pattern and gorgeous colour! I just finished a cardi with the same yarn in the same colour too ... :)