Thursday, September 11, 2008

FO: Baby Sweater

After we finished the Mahler concerts, I took a week to go to NY and visit Mom. She is doing well.


I also visited my cousin (on the right) at his new home:


And got some knitting in:

This is a One Piece Baby Sweater. I used Hobby Lobby's new "I Love This Yarn" - but I don't really love it. I think there are other acrylics that are softer. However, it will be very easy care for the new Mama and hopefully fit the baby when it starts to get cool here.

I also developed bronchitis again (remember last year?!). Not at all fun. The Dr gave me loads of pharmaceuticals to drive it out. We'll see - so far not so good. I am on bed rest for another day .... I haven't even knit for 4 days - you KNOW I am under the weather!

Wallis Cardigan was coming along well in NY - both fronts are almost done. Hopefully I will feel like knitting later today.

We are awaiting the rains and winds from hurricane Ike. I need to go the grocery store for a few things to tide us over. Maybe tomorrow I can get out. We won't get anything like the Texas coast. but still will have some effects.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about your bronchitis! Maybe the stormy weather will be a blessing in disguise and keep you stuck inside taking it easy.

I've actually managed to avoid illnesses that are already circulating here - looks like surgery helped me! Thank goodness, you know how busy I get.

Hope you're back to feeling wonderful soon!

Anonymous said...

What a cute sweater!

Sorry to hear about the bronchitis. My husband gets it every year so I know how miserable it can make you feel. Hope you get better soon.

lobstah said...

What a sweet little sweater! Hope the storm and the bronchitis blow over quickly!

Meredith said...

Cute sweater - I like the colors! Too bad it wasn't very soft.