Sunday, December 16, 2007

Clogging Along

It is a cold and early Sunday morning. Have you ever found that when you have a lot of things to do, you wake up very early? It is only 26 degrees this morning so I lit a cozy fire.

We are still in the midst of a very busy weekend: I played 3 different services yesterday and have 2 more today. My husband played 2 yesterday and has 3 today. Tomorrow is better - just an afternoon rehearsal for Christmas Eve services. Then I fly up to NY on Tuesday and back on Wednesday with Mom. The last bit of holiday music begins again on Thursday with the ubiquitous Nutcrackers.

I felted Mom's clogs on Tuesday:



They are actually still damp at the toes. I think they turned out well - and this was an intentional felting! (poor little socks - I did shed a brief tear......)

And I am taking another run at Mr. Greenjeans for Mom. Since she is a wash and wear gal, I am knitting this in Caron Simply Soft Shadows. It is really a nice yarn - soft, pretty and not at all splitty.



I am impressed with this acrylic and may have to find a nice blue to knit My So Called Scarf (I have been eyeing that pattern for over a year now.)

I hope your weekend has been good, your Christmas shopping done and you are enjoying a knitting day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the clog pattern. I've made a gamillion of them. It's always nice to felt on purpose.

Larjmarj said...

I've used that Caron yarn, it really is nice and the color variations are subtle yet not boring. Can't wait to see the "so called scarf" using it. The clogs look fab! Mom is going to love them.

Enigma said...

The clogs look great!

Jen Hagan said...

Your clogs look great (and that fire made me feel warm for a minute--it's cold here!)Happy Holidays!

Jessica said...

Sounds very busy! Hope you are getting some rest and able to enjoy it!

Meredith said...

I'm in the process of felting clogs right now! I love that pattern.